In this article, we will give information about how to make a cheese scone recipe. So read this article till the end to know about the easy cheese scone recipe.
These Cheddar and Herb Scones are a savory twist on the classic scone. Packed with sharp cheddar cheese and fresh herbs, these scones make a great addition to any brunch or breakfast spread. They’re quick and easy to make and can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
Serve them with butter and jam, or as a side to soup or salad. Whether you’re a fan of scones or just looking for a new recipe to try, these Cheddar and Herb Scones are sure to become a favorite.
What is Cheese?
Cheese is a dairy product made from milk, typically from cows, goats, sheep, or buffalo. The milk is coagulated or curdled using a combination of rennet (an enzyme) and/or acidic substances, which separates the curds (solids) from the whey (liquid).
The curds are then typically heated, pressed, and sometimes aged to create a wide variety of different types of cheese, each with its own unique flavor, texture, and aroma. Cheese can be eaten on its own or used as an ingredient in many different dishes, from sandwiches to pizzas to pasta dishes.
How to make Cheese Scone
Here’s a summary of the recipe for Cheddar and Herb Scones:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (such as chives, parsley, or thyme), chopped
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Cut in the chilled butter using a pastry cutter or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese and chopped herbs.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead lightly until it comes together.
- Pat the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick and cut into 8-10 wedges.
- Place the wedges on the prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with additional milk or beaten egg if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter and/or jam.
Enjoy these delicious and savory Cheddar and Herb Scones as a breakfast or brunch item or as a side dish to soup or salad.
Here are a few notes to keep in mind when making Cheddar and Herb Scones:
- Use cold butter: It’s important to use chilled butter when making the dough to ensure a flaky texture. You can even freeze the butter for 10-15 minutes before using it.
- Don’t overwork the dough: Be sure to knead the dough lightly and only until it comes together. Overworking the dough can result in tough scones.
- Customize the herbs: Feel free to use any combination of fresh herbs you like, such as chives, parsley, thyme, or rosemary.
- Use sharp cheddar cheese: The sharpness of the cheese helps to balance out the richness of the scones. You can also experiment with other types of cheese, such as Gouda or Parmesan.
- Serve warm: These scones are best served warm, so be sure to enjoy them right out of the oven or reheat them briefly before serving. They can also be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days or frozen for longer storage.
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for one serving (out of 8 total servings) of Cheddar and Herb Scones:
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 56 mg
- Sodium: 444 mg
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Protein: 10 g
Note that this information may vary slightly depending on the specific ingredients and brands used. Additionally, the nutritional information may change if you make any modifications to the recipe or serve the scones with additional toppings or spreads.
Also Read More Recipe: beef-stroganoff-recipe