In this article, we will give information about how to make a chocolate cake recipe. So read this article till the end to know about the easy chocolate cake recipe.
Chocolate cake is a classic dessert that is loved by people of all ages. This delicious cake is perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to afternoon tea. The rich, chocolatey flavour is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you wanting more. In this recipe, I will show you how to make a moist and fluffy chocolate cake that is sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
How to make chocolate cake recipe
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200ml double cream
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line two 20cm round cake tins with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder, and gently fold into the mixture.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla extract until everything is well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared cake tins and smooth the tops with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave the cakes to cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small pan, heat the cream and golden syrup until just boiling, then pour over the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Leave the icing to cool and thicken slightly before using it to sandwich the cakes together and to ice the top and sides.
- Decorate your cake as desired and enjoy!
This chocolate cake is a real crowd-pleaser and is perfect for any occasion. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
- Make sure to use room temperature eggs for the cake batter. This will help the ingredients to mix together evenly.
- Be gentle when folding the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, as overmixing can cause the cake to become tough.
- Use good quality dark chocolate for the icing to get a rich and luxurious flavour.
- To make the cake extra moist, you can brush the layers with a simple syrup made by boiling equal parts of water and sugar until dissolved.
- Decorate the cake with fresh berries, chocolate shavings, or whipped cream for a beautiful finishing touch.
- Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days, or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Here is the approximate nutritional information for one serving (assuming the cake is sliced into 12 equal pieces):
- Calories: 460
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 125 mg
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugars: 35 g
- Protein: 6 g
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary depending on the exact ingredients and quantities used. Additionally, this recipe is quite high in calories, fat, and sugar, so it should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
Also Read More Recipe: beef-stroganoff-recipe