In this article, we will give information about how to make a Coronation Chicken Recipe.So read this article till the end to know about the easy Coronation Chicken Recipe.
Coronation Chicken is a classic dish that has been a staple on buffet tables for decades. If you’re looking for an easy Coronation Chicken recipe, look no further.
What is Coronation Chicken?
Coronation Chicken is a salad dish created for the Queen’s coronation in 1953. It is made with cooked chicken, mayonnaise, curry powder and other seasonings. The dish can be served on its own or used as a sandwich filling or salad topping.
How to make Coronation Chicken
Making Coronation Chicken is a great way to use up any leftover cooked chicken. You can skip this step if you have enough to use. If you don’t already have yours cooked, start here.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 200g creme fraiche and 100g Greek yoghurt*
- 2 tsp mild curry powder or 1 tbsp of curry paste
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sultanas and/or chopped apricots (optional)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- If you have chicken breasts, add them to the pan along with bay leaves and some black pepper. You can cook the chicken lightly in plain water or with salt and pepper.
- Pour water over the chicken breasts so that they cover by about 1 or 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil and cook on a low flame for 15 to 20 minutes or till they are completely cooked. Turn off the heat and leave the chicken to cool in the water.
- In a bowl mix the curd with curry powder or paste and cinnamon. mix it until it is well combined
- Add mango chutney, lime juice, and salt and pepper to season.
- Once the chicken has cooled, remove it from the liquid and shred it or cut it into strips.
- Saute the shredded chicken in the curry sauce till it is well mixed.
- If you are adding sultanas and/or apricots, add them now.
- Serve with a green salad, in sandwiches, or over jacket potatoes.
Instead of crème fraîche and yogurt, you can use equal amounts of mayonnaise.
- CALORIES: 452
- TOTAL FAT: 27g
- SATURATED FAT: 15g
- TRANS FAT: 1g
- UNSATURATED FAT: 9g
- CHOLESTEROL: 167mg
- SODIUM: 352mg
- CARBOHYDRATES: 12g
- FIBER: 1gSUGAR: 9g
- PROTEIN: 40g
Also Read More Recipe: edible-cookie-dough-recipe