In this article, we will give information about how to make Indian Tofu Stir Fry Recipe. So read this article till the end to know about the easy Indian Tofu Stir Fry Recipes.
If you’re looking for a quick and flavorful vegetarian dish, this Spicy Indian Tofu Stir Fry is a great option. Made with firm tofu, a variety of vegetables, and a blend of fragrant Indian spices, this stir fry is packed with flavor and nutrition.
It’s a perfect weeknight meal that you can whip up in just 30 minutes. Serve it with rice or naan bread for a satisfying and filling meal. The recipe is also customizable, so feel free to add your own favorite veggies or adjust the spice level to your liking. Let’s get started!
What is tofu anyway?
Tofu is a soy-based food made by curdling soy milk and forming it into a solid block. It is a great source of plant-based protein that can be used in a variety of ways. It’s a great addition to vegetarian and vegan meals, but even if you’re a meat eater, I urge you to try it. In my tofu recipes, I don’t use it as a substitute for meat, but as something unique and delicious in its own right!
How to Make Indian Tofu Stir Fry
Here’s a summary of the Spicy Indian Tofu Stir Fry :
- 1 block of firm tofu, cubed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the cubed tofu and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and minced garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, cabbage, carrots, and green beans and stir-fry for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add the curry powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the browned tofu back into the skillet and stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the tofu is heated through and coated in the spices.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with rice or naan bread.
That’s it! This Spicy Indian Tofu Stir Fry recipe is easy to make and packed with bold flavors and nutrition. Enjoy!
Is there anything specific you would like me to take note of? Let me know, and I’d be happy to assist you!
Here’s the approximate nutrition information for one serving of the Spicy Indian Tofu Stir Fry recipe (assuming 4 servings in total):
- Calories: 265
- Total fat: 14 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 361 mg
- Total carbohydrates: 24 g
- Dietary fiber: 7 g
- Sugars: 9 g
- Protein: 14 g
Please note that these values are estimates and may vary depending on the specific ingredients used and the serving size.
Also Read More Recipe: sex-on-the-beach-recipe