In this article, we will give information about how to make a Salsa Recipe. So read this article till the end to know about the easy Salsa Recipe.
Salsa is a spicy, chunky sauce that is a staple in Mexican cuisine. It can be used as a condiment, dip, or topping for a variety of dishes including tacos, burritos, grilled meats, and chips. Salsa is typically made with a base of chopped tomatoes, onions, peppers, and coriander, and customized with additional ingredients such as garlic, lime juice, jalapenos, or other types of peppers to adjust the level of spiciness. can be done.
Salsa can be made in many different ways, with each recipe having its own unique flavor profile and heat level. Some salsas are mild and tangy, while others are hot and smoky. Homemade salsa is quick and easy to prepare and can be a healthier and more flavorful alternative to store-bought versions that often contain added sugars and preservatives.
About Salsa Recipe
Who doesn’t love a bowl of delicious fresh salsa on the table? Perfect for scooping up with corn tortilla chips or crackers, this classic recipe includes the perfect balance of spicy and tangy in every bite. It’s got juicy ripe tomatoes, savory peppers, awfully pungent onions, and fresh cilantro—plus, I add a little fresh lime juice for a hint of vibrancy that helps keep it fresh longer.
How to make Homemade Salsa Recipe
I have used green chilies in this Homemade Salsa recipe, which has a mild heat. But for a more pungent flavor, you can use jalapeños instead or add more green chilies. Also, feel free to include fresh garlic cloves for an extra kick of flavor.
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes or 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped onions or 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilies or serrano peppers or jalapeño
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin (cumin powder)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper or cayenne pepper or paprika or red chili powder
- salt as required
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or add as required
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves (cilantro)
- PreparationWash tomatoes, onions, green chilies, and coriander leaves and cut them roughly.
- If you want, you can also remove the seeds of the tomato and green chilies or serrano chilies.
- Transfer chopped ingredients to a food processor.
- Add ground spices and salt as required.
- Add 2 teaspoons lime juice or more if you prefer Tangier salsa.
- Close the lid and process to a fine, slightly chunky consistency. I recommend pulsing a little bit to make sure you don’t overprocess.
- Serve salsa immediately or refrigerate it in a sealed container to enjoy later.
- Serve it with chips or crackers such as nachos, pita crackers, or tortilla chips.
- You can also use it as a zesty condiment on these vegetarian tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, Mexican rice, or any of your favorite Mexican-inspired dishes.
- Tomatoes: Use any variety of good quality fresh red tomatoes in this salsa recipe. If the tomatoes have thick skins, boil the tomatoes and peel off the skin before processing. Canned tomatoes will also work well and can easily be substituted for fresh tomatoes.
- Consistency: The right salsa doesn’t have large chunks or chunks, but it isn’t too runny either. I recommend pulsing a little bit to make sure you don’t overprocess.
- Sweetness: For a mildly sweet-tasting salsa and to balance out the sourness from the tomatoes, you can add ¼ to ½ teaspoon brown sugar or raw sugar.
- No food processor? Not to worry: Although a food processor helps make salsa very quickly, you can also use a chopping board. Just continue to finely chop the product into minced meat, and then transfer it to a bowl.
- Make ahead and store: Make a large batch and store it in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Scaling: You can easily double or triple this salsa recipe.
- Calories: 26
- Calories from Fat: 9
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 603mg
- Potassium: 171mg
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 1g
- Vitamin A: 492IU
- Vitamin B1: (Thiamine) 1mg
- Vitamin B2: (Riboflavin) 1mg
- Vitamin B3: (Niacin) 1mg
- Vitamin B6: 1mg
- Vitamin C: 12mg
- Vitamin E: 1mg
- Vitamin K: 6µg
- Calcium: 12mg
- Vitamin B9: (Folate) 13µg
- Iron: 1mg
- Magnesium: 9mg
- Phosphorus: 21mg
- Zinc: 1mg
Also Read: Pavlova Recipe